Discover the great number of activities and leisure near Camping Les Nonnes in Meschers-sur-Gironde.
In summer, the beach resort of Meschers-sur-Gironde offers a wide range of leisure activities and entertainment for your holiday with family or friends.
The marina of Meschers:
The marina of Meschers offers a number of hiking tracks to stroll along the coast and admire the famous 'carrelets' (fisherman huts on stilts). The lively marina is edged with bars and restaurants. You'll find concerts during summer nights and you'll appreciate admiring the return of pleasure boats returning to the marina, the locks and fisherman boats…
Make a boat trip with family or friends: visit the estuary and discover Talmont, admire the cliffs of Meschers with breathtaking view on the cave dwellings... or take a trip to the lighthouse of Cordouan between the coast of Royan and the Gironde.
The water sports club, with the official label of the French sailing federation:
- Boats, catamaran, kayak, sailing dinghies, shellfish picking, windsurfing, stand up paddle
- Outings and boat trips along the cave dwellings and to the lighthouse of Cordouan
- Sailing school, starting from 5 years. Hire of boats; catamaran, kayak, sailing dinghies, surf boards, stand up paddle
- Classes and outings by kayak, with a professional instructor
- Stand up paddle, starting from 7 years. Guided visit along the creeks and caves.
Beaches in Meschers-sur-Gironde:
This beach resort counts five secured beaches, ideal for families.
Plage des Nonnes at 200m from the campsite
This beach offers: kids' clubs, sailing club and other water sports activities, beach bars... First aid and lifeguards in summer.
Conche de Cadet
This hidden beach can only be reached by a big stairway and may be prohibited to access for some periods of the year. This beach offers captivating landscapes, and is completely covered at high tide.
Plage des Vergnes
This beach is ideal for relaxing family moments. In summer, fireworks take place from here. First aid and lifeguard in summer.
Plage de Suzac
This vast beach of Meschers is located near the Suzac forest. First aid and lifeguard in summer.
Plage de l’Arnèche
This beach is accessible by the coastal path between the Plage des Vergnes and the Plage de Suzac.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 1 November to 14 April from 8 am to 1 pm
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 15 April to 31 October from 8 pm to 1 pm
- Every day from 1 July to 31 August from 6.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday nights in July and August